May Currently


I'm linking up for the final Currently with Oh Boy...It's Farley. I'm so sad there won't be any more!! It's one guarantee for a blog post. Lol! I guess I'm going to have to work a little harder to step my blog game up!

Listening: I had the amazing opportunity to be a part of the audience for the Indianapolis Finals for American Ninja Warrior last week! I had started watching Team Ninja Warrior when the season started, but I don't have cable and I was got behind on pulling it up on my computer. I was in super Ninja Mode after watching it live, so I am getting all caught up on Team Ninja Warrior! So crazy!

Loving: I am *obsessed* with script fonts! My absolute favorite is basically any font from Emily Spadoni. She currently has an amazing bundle on The Hungry JPEG right now and I just couldn't pass it up! I have all of her free demo fonts, but you can do so much more with the full versions! *swoon*

Thinking: I love my students, but I am ready for a break! My goal is to make the most of the 18 days I have left with my students.

Wanting: I have been training for the Mini 500 half marathon for months and it's officially race week! I can't wait to crush my first half! There will be no slacking for me once I'm done, though! I have big plans to keep up my training! My next goal is a (sprint) triathlon!

Needing: Midterms were last week, so I'm all caught up on grades. Unfortunately, my plan book is not looking as full. I want to make these last 3.5 weeks count, so I need to bring my A game, which means getting my plans done!

Truth: As much as I don't want to be, and as much as I hate to admit it, I feel like I'm in survival mode for the end of the year. I want to be all there for my students and I want to make every day count, but boy, oh boy, am I tired!

Thanks for stopping by! 

7 comments

  1. Survival Mode. I'm with you!! I love your blog! I'm very happy to connect with you.

    - Brooke from Countless Smart Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think exhaustion is a common thing for teachers, especially at this time of year. It sounds like you really love your job and i'm sure you students love you! I absolutely LOVE script fonts and the Hungry JPEG! I do a "Fabulous Friday Finds" segment on my Periscope channel once a month about graphic design, and their bundles are a regular feature :) Ms Idealistic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Hungry JPEG! I have to exhibit so much self control when they post new bundles! I want to buy them all!!

      Delete
  3. Yes! I love your truth and you have inspired me! I have 6 weeks left and it's so easy to just "check in" for these last weeks without actually being there. But you have inspired me to make the most of these last weeks and be there for my students. Thank you!!

    Katie
    Teaching Voracious Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the blogging community because it's such a good way to find the encouragement and motivation you need sometimes!

      Delete
  4. I love script fonts, too! Collecting fonts is such an addiction!

    ReplyDelete