Five for Friday


This poor blog of mine survives by floating from linky party to linky party. Maybe someday it will turn into a real blog with real posts. For now, though, Five for Friday is better than nothing!



We made it! Our year together in first grade is officially over. I will truly miss my kids, but I am also grateful for the break. This teacher is tired. 

My bus riders asked for a selfie, and the last day of school seemed like a perfectly acceptable occasion.



One of the best things about social media is that I stumble upon so many amazing ideas to try in my classroom. The Sprinkle Topped Teacher is a genius and posted about her Rock Paper Scissors Tournament, so I decided to throw that in on our last day of school. It was a huge hit! This was the final odd vs. the final even. Seriously, you should try it.



Oh. my. goodness. How stinking adorable are these end of the year memory books?! Reagan Tunstall is amazing and so generous, because this is FREE in her Teachers Pay Teachers store! Run and get it NOW!



I LOVE the messages feature on Class Dojo! It's basically like texting your parents without giving out your phone number. You can send photos and cute little Dojo stickers and it's so awesome! This little girl sent me a sticker with Mojo holding a present and then brought me this adorable present the next day! So I sent a photo back! And then my first grader hacked her mom's Dojo and sent me more stickers and a message. Lol!




If you haven't heard of Animoto, you should check it out! It's free for educators and it's SO SIMPLE. Seriously. You choose a theme, a song, and upload your photos. That's it. I have a blog post from last year with more info. It's the easiest way I have found to make a fun end of the year video. Parents love it, and it's simple for me!

Now I'm off to enjoy my summer and spend some time with my family! Happy Friday!

4 comments

  1. Animoto sounds awesome! I wish I had heard about it before the end of the year.. Oh well, I'll remember it next year!

    www.thecorriganitenation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, definitely scheduling a Rock, Paper, Scissors tournament next week...thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are totally doing a rock, paper, scissors tournament next week! Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rock, paper scissors? I always choose rock! I can't wait to try this out! Thanks for reminding me of Animoto!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete