Reflections of 2015

I'm linking up with A Teeny Tiny Teacher, Dragonflies in First, and Miss Kindergarten for a reflection of 2015.


{1}


I started off the year with a bang! By "bang" I mean, a burn to my chest and face with boiling potato water. This is why people don't trust me with hot items (or cooking in general). 

{2}



In March, I started this blog! You can see I have clearly come A LONG way since then! I have done everything on my blog myself, with lots and lots of help from tutorials I stumbled upon. I haven't been the most dedicated blogger on the planet, but I'm chugging along in this blogging world.

{3}


Also in March, we discovered indoor rock climbing. So much fun! We have been back time and time again and have convinced lots of friends to try it out, as well. Disclaimer: you might not want me to belay you.

{4}


In April, I converted to active seating and I am never going back! I wrote a Donor's Choose project for some new seating options, including a wobble stool and a bean bag chair, and supplies to help students work around the room. My project was funded in a week and we dove right in! My students and I loved it right away, and my students this year love active seating too.

{5}


For my birthday, in June, I got a smart phone! Welcome to the 21st century! I love my new phone! I can actually put apps on it and use it for things besides just phone calls and texting.

{6}


My mom came up for my birthday, and we took our first trip to Conner Prairie. I can't believe I've lived in Indianapolis for over 3 years and I had never been! It was awesome! We learned a lot and had a blast.

{7}


My friend, Christina, is the director of the Indianapolis chapter of Royal Family Kids Camp, which is a week-long camp for foster children. She convinced me to join her crew this summer, and I ended up having a great time! I was one of the camp photographers, and I had the pleasure of capturing many happy moments throughout the week.

{8}


We got a classroom iPad this school year! We've had the iPad for a few years, but we could only use it for assessments. Boo. This year, we finally got the okay to use it for additional educational purposes in the classroom. We have had a great time exploring apps, including PicCollage.

{9}



I took a long weekend trip to Branson, Missouri with my friend, Christina, and her mom and sister over fall break. We had a grand time exploring the beautiful Ozarks. Christina is a wild woman with a golf cart, but we survived.

{10}

I also spent part of my fall break hanging out with my parents in Florida. We found a pumpkin patch (we didn't even know they existed in FL), along with some cool cypress trees and springs.

{11}



Our school started Girls on the Run this past spring with our 4th and 5th grade girls, and it went so well that we decided to keep it going this fall. We trained every Monday and Wednesday after school, and our hard work paid off! We ran in the Jingle Bell Run for our celebratory 5K, and our girls rocked it! We ran with a 4th grade buddy, and we finished in 32:45. It was so much fun running through downtown Indianapolis!

{12}


Another Indianapolis first for me was seeing the Christmas tree of lights at Monument Circle. What a way to end 2015! 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 

1 comment

  1. Your classroom is so big and bright! I think I may have to do a Donor's Choose project this year! Cheers to 2016!

    ReplyDelete