December Currently

I didn't realize how much I've been slacking on my blogging...Oops! I'm here to break free of the slump with Farley's link up!


Better late than never, right? 

Listening: I'm attempting to get to bed early tonight, and I'm laying in bed, enjoying a little peace and quiet. I feel like my classroom has a constant buzz all day long, so I'm grateful for a little silence.

Loving: While my students may be a little nutty with all the Christmas excitement, I can't help but love their pure joy at this time of year. They are obsessed with our classroom elf and they think everything about her is magical. They are just so happy and excited and I love it!

Thinking: While I do enjoy some beautiful snow, I'm already crying about the cold. Recess duty is starting to get chilly. Our school also turns the heat off (or at least way down) as soon as school is over, which means it gets real cold real fast when I'm staying to get work done, and it makes the mornings cold, as well. I typically keep my coat on until right before the kids come. Brrr!!

Wanting: We have 1 short observation and 1 long observation in my district. I already had my short observation, and now I'm waiting for my long one to be done, so I can breathe a little easier. My 2 week window started yesterday, so my principal could be dropping in any day now...

Needing: I'm trying to watch what I eat, but with the cold and the tiredness, I'm starting to struggle. I need to get back on the healthy snack train and cook healthy meals a little bit more frequently. #thestruggleisreal

Real or faux: REAL! Okay, so I don't have a real tree in my apartment, but I grew up on real trees, and I hope to go back to that once I have a house of my own. Every year, we would drive to the tree farm, where we would pick out and cut down our own tree. I loved every minute of it! 

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments

  1. I enjoyed your post! I understand you wanting your observation to be over. Mine is supposed to be this week coming so I understand what you are thinking and feeling! I wish we had some snow. I sure hope we get a white christmas before christmas since I normally go see my parents in Florida!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on your observation!
      It has snowed here twice so far, but it hasn't been cold enough for it to stick or do much with. My parents also live in Florida. I can't imagine living somewhere where it never snows!

      Delete
  2. I'm a blog slacker, too! I haven't posted since August 22nd. It's been a wild year for me!
    I haven't had either observation, yet!
    Winter and the holidays is hard on everyone's healthy diet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about to be really grateful if I really do have both of my observations done before break. My current food excuse is that I HAVE MICE and they pooped all over my silverware drawer, so I can't eat anything that requires silverware at the current moment.

      Delete
  3. I have completely slacked on blogging, but moving and getting a new house ready for a baby tend to take the lead.
    Good luck with your formal! I know it will going AMAZING!! How could it not?!? Especially when you have such great kiddos!
    I found some amazing HEALTHY crockpot freezer meals that will help with the holidays but it is alway important to indulge a little. Keeps a healthy balance in life. Don't worry too much about treating yourself! I know that when it gets cold I tend to want to bake, and chocolate tastes so good next to a warm roaring fire!!

    Thank you for sharing!!
    Kimberlee
    It's Kinder Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on the new house and baby on the way! That is so exciting! :)

      Delete