October Currently

Look at me! Two blog posts in two days! I am on a roll! I'm a few days late, but I'm linking up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for October's Currently.


Listening: I'm so excited that all my favorite shows are starting back up again! I'm catching up on the newest Bones episode. I love this show! It's one of my favorites. They started the season off with a bang!

Loving: While I really would prefer a few 70 degree days, I was super excited that it was finally cool enough for BOOTS on Thursday! I love boots!!! Boots! Boots! Boots! I got to wear boots 2 days in a row! *swoon*

Thinking: Parent teacher conferences always stress me out. I feel like I repeat myself over and over 28 times, saying the same things, and crossing my fingers that I have happy, content parents, who have nothing negative to say to me. We do not have the luxury of half days for conferences, so we have 4 hours on Wednesday night and 4 hours on Thursday night. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

Wanting: Luckily, we have fall break right after conferences. My first year of teaching, we had fall break before conferences, so you got 2 weeks to relax and then came back to a stressful, exhausting week. I'm grateful they decided to switch it up and now we get a nice 2 week break after conferences!

Needing: We've been in school for 47 days and everyone is ready for a break. The kids are ready for a break, I'm ready for a break, everyone is ready for a break. I need to stay positive, otherwise it could be a long week. I really do love my job, and I really do love my kids, and I just need to stay strong and remember that this week.

Boo-tiful: I can always count on my students to make me feel boo-tiful! I love all their smiles, compliments, and hugs! First graders are so loving and that's one of my favorite things about them!

Thanks for stopping by!



8 comments

  1. That's nice that you have Fall Break after parent conferences. They are always a bit stressful! I am ready for fall weather, too. All we've had is rain, but I like the cooler temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the sun comes out for you! I like the cooler temperatures too. It's nice to not be constantly sweating!

      Delete
  2. I'm jealous that you got to wear your boots. I love my boots, but have been teaching in sandals since school started. I'm ready for San Diego to cool down.
    KinderIrick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love wearing dresses and sandals to school, but I hate to sweat! Haha! I hope you get some cooler temps!

      Delete
  3. I am so excited for boot weather too!!!
    You are lucky to have your conferences the week before your break- ours are the week after this year, along with sending home our new FIVE PAGE progress reports so I am dreading fall break because I feel like I'll be stressed the whole time! :(
    At least it is fall though! :)
    Kellee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHY?! Why would they do that to you?! That's terrible! Maybe if enough teachers complain and request them to be before break, they'll change it for next year...? That's what happened to us. I think 5 pages per child is a little excessive. :(

      Delete
  4. Doesn't time just fly!? Your parent teacher conferences just sound so awful and stressful - I'm glad we don't do anything like that here - phew! LOL about your excitement for boots! We wear boots pretty much year round here, the only time my sandals come out are when we go on vacation! I would happily swap with you :)

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that we communicate with every parent, but at the same time, it's exhausting!
      No thanks! ;) I actually have it pretty decent, in regards to weather. I can mostly pull off dresses and leggings until fall break, pants for quarters 2 and 3, and then after spring break, I can usually pull the dresses back out. It's a nice balance! :)

      Delete