July Currently

It's July already?!?! Where has the summer gone???


Listening: I am enjoying the peace and quiet this morning. It's a nice change of pace after hearing nothing but rain the last few days.

Loving: I always claim to be a morning person. I don't ever sleep in past 9 (it's rare to sleep past 7:30), and I'm usually not one to lay in bed for hours. However, if I have my laptop or Kindle nearby, all bets are off at this point. It's actually pretty nice.

Thinking: I start school in less than 1 month!!!! EEEKKK!!! Teachers report back July 27th and students start July 29th! That means I need to get a move on! My summer to-do list isn't doing much shrinking (in fact, it might be growing), and I'm running out of time!

Wanting: To help procrastinate further, I'm going on vacation next week! I'm so excited!! I'm going to visit my parents in Florida and it will be warm enough to thoroughly enjoy the pool and the beach. My boyfriend is finally joining and we're going to visit his friends in Florida, as well. There may be ziplining involved...

Needing: I NEED to get fit. Seriously. I have all the time in the world, and I'm stuck here, in bed, on my computer. Get up, get up!! I'm also trying to work on adding some variety to my picky vegetarian diet. I haven't been in town for more than a week at a time since school got out, so it's making that a little tricky.

All Star: I mentioned in a previous blog post that I am known for my fabulous handwriting. That is what people come to me for. Not even kidding. One of my friends from work (and new blogger!) just got married and I did signs for her bridal shower, and even a cute ring-bearer one for her wedding. Baby showers, birthday parties, anything you need name plates or signs for! I swear, someday I will start creating my own fonts. Maybe. I'll add it to the list.

Happy July!

5 comments

  1. I live in WI and keep waiting for it to warm up and feel like summer once and for all. It's been crazy cool here. I can't believe you start back in a month, but you must have finished in May. We start back the very end of Aug. I hear you on the getting fit thing. I followed Whole 30 with great success this past Jan. I keep wanting to do it this summer, but have not gotten myself to do it for more than a couple days in a row. Have a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We finished at the very end of May, and I'm on a balanced calendar, with 2 weeks off in the fall, winter, and spring. I love our schedule, so I really don't have anything to complain about, but it's always sad when summer flies right by. I love the concept of Whole 30, but not only am I vegetarian, which makes it more difficult, but I am also the pickiest eater ever!

      Delete
  2. Ziplining! WOO HOO! I did that in Costa Rica. If I'd had any idea of what it would actually entail before I started I might have chickened out. Enjoy the trip! Can offer nothing but "good luck" on the fitness/cooking because I am terrible there. Now I'm curious what your handwriting looks like Sort of a font fanatic. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to look into everything it entails, so there's no chance of chickening out. Haha! I'm just going to go for it! Well, if I ever get around to making my own fonts, I'll have to have you try them out! :)

      Delete