Back to School in a Flash: Teacher Faves

It's been awhile since I've blogged, and my excuse is that I START SCHOOL ON WEDNESDAY!!! I report back officially tomorrow, and we also have our Meet the Teacher Night tomorrow night. I moved classrooms last summer and did a pretty good job of getting everything organized, but I still had a few messy shelves. This summer I pulled out everything that didn't have a proper home, so I made a big mess, which I am still trying to clean up. EEKK!!

I'm taking a quick break from the chaos to link up with Fancy Free in 4th, Ramona Recommends, and Not So Wimpy Teacher for a Back to School linky.




1. I am obsessed with Frixion pens. I first discovered them in Germany when I was student teaching, and I bought a few there. I was excited to find them at my local Walmart last year, and now I use them all the time! They truly are the best eraseable pen ever! I always use them to write in my plan book, because they really do erase so easily and you can write back over top and erase again as many times as you want! Glorious! The clicker pens are amazing, because you can buy refill packs for them!


2. I love my Apache laminator, which I purchased from Amazon. I feel like I have been using it nonstop the last week, as I get ready for the new year. It's inexpensive, yet works just as well as any other personal laminator. It's so convenient to be able to laminate anything I want right then and there.


3. I am in love with my Stabilo markers, which also came from Germany (they seriously have the best writing tools). I have the super fine point ones, as well as these fine point ones, but these thicker ones are definitely my favorite. The colors are so beautiful and they write so prettily (probably not a word). I have never used flair pens, but I think my obsession with Stabilo is comparable to the obsession with flair pens that seems to exist.


4. I label EVERYTHING with these Avery labels. There are 30 to a sheet, so I can fit my whole class of 28 (gasp!) on a sheet. I use them for lunch numbers, first name labels for art boxes and mailboxes, and anything else I can think of that will make my life easier. These are always on my supply orders at the end of the year.

Thanks for joining me! I'm heading back to school now to finish cleaning up my mess. Once it's clean, I will take lots of pictures and I promise to post soon!


8 comments

  1. You are the second person who has posted about those pens... I NEED THEM! I can't believe you start school on Wednesday- God Speed friend. I hope your class is amazing and you feel ready. Rest up! Enjoy your last few days. Thanks for linking up!
    Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are seriously amazing! I think I definitely need to rest up! I meet 22 out of my 28 students tonight and I think it's going to be a lively bunch! :) Thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  2. I am a Flair pen addict but I have the urge to just go to Target and buy all their writing utensils! I started school last week. Good luck with your first week back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to try Flair pens, just to see what it's all about. I've never actually used one! I don't know what it is about pens and markers, but they are just so amazing! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Your Stabilo markers sound great, do these bleed through paper? I am one of those Flair addicts you mention, but I need to look into these & the Frixions, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been holding out on your pen and marker love, lady! lol I will be ordering the pens!
    See you tomorrow!
    Mrs.B's Classroom Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably because I never bring them to PLC because I don't want to lose them. I don't share my special markers and pens. Haha! :)

      Delete