Tell All Tuesday: Summer Snapshot


I'm linking up with Teach Talk Inspire and My Day in K for this week's Tell all Tuesday. I am bummed I missed out on last week's, because I had such a good time trying to figure out everyone else's lies! 


My mom has always dreamed of having a beach house. As kids, we would go on vacation to Seaside, Florida every year, where we would stay in a different house every year, and we all ate it up. A few years ago, my sister and I were getting ready to graduate from high school and college and move away, and my parents decided to do a little house hunting down by the beach. They found this gem, about 30 minutes away from Panama City, and it's a short 3 minute walk from the beach! Now, I can go on vacation and visit my family at the same time! It's fabulous! 


You have to love the white sand and the crystal clear emerald water!


I'm not a huge fan on the ocean, so you'll often find me reading on the beach. My parents also have 2 super nice cabana chairs, which are also perfect for reading!


Playing in the sand always makes for a good time, as well.


There is also a lake about 2 minutes further down the road, which flows into the gulf sometimes. It's great for stand up paddle boarding, and my mom has her own YOLO board, which she loves! I'm not a huge fan, because I don't care for lakes, but at least I have proof that I tried it.


My parents are also lucky enough to have a pool in their backyard. I love the pool! I am trying to convince my parents to turn it into a heated pool so I can use it anytime I come. Maybe someday...


Basically, we just have lots of fun and it's always a good time!


Happy summer!

22 comments

  1. Love your pics!! The house is adorable, soak up some sun for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white sandy beaches in Florida are so much prettier than the Texas beaches near us! I need to head east sometime soon again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are gorgeous! I'm not a huge beach bum, but you can't go wrong with white sand and crystal clear emerald water!

      Delete
  3. Love it! Great pics and post! Enjoy! Thanks for sharing! Go check out my post!
    All the best!
    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous beach! So nice to have a place your family can go and make memories.
    Andrea
    Always Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We definitely make some great memories there! :)

      Delete
  5. That house is precious! Your summer looks a lot like mine-anything with water, sunshine, and a good book! :)
    Kellee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those 3 things go together to make a perfect summer!

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness! That house is SO cute! Enjoy family time!
    Erin
    Very Perry Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous!!!! It looks like you are having such a wonderful time!! This is definitely a great summer memory! Loved the entrance especially! So charming and magical!

    Magically in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the arbor at the entrance too! This is actually an old picture, and it looks even cuter now that I added their house's name with the paint from the doors!

      Delete
  8. Looks absolutely gorgeous!!! I stay in Carillon Beach in PCB, is this close?? The houses in our area look like the pictures! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! I know exactly where that is because we pass it every time we go to Pier Park! It's about 15-20 minutes away.

      Delete
  9. I too am not a huge fan of the ocean, but love the beach!!! Unfortunately in Illinois, beaches are a little harder to come by!!! The good news is we are neighbors!!! Cute blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean going to a beach along Lake Michigan isn't as nice as the warm, white sand beaches in Florida?! :) Okay, I really can't judge because I've never been, but I just can't imagine it's quite the same.

      Delete
  10. Wow, I love the beach house, so adorable. I have always dreamed of having some sort of get away house whether it is by a beach or lake. Your beach house looks heavenly and what fun memories. Thanks for taking the time to link up with us, I loved reading your post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the linky party! It's such a fun way to get to know other teachers! It's also a good motivator for summer blogging! :)

      Delete
  11. Looks like you had an amazing trip! We just got back from Destin. We love it down there! Thank you from sharing!
    Ashley and Brooklynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your beach pics! How lucky you are that your parents have a beach house. I love reading on the beach too. The ocean here on the west coast is too cold to get in for me, but I just love watching and hearing the waves. Enjoy all your summer adventures!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete