Tell All Tuesday: Summer Flashback


I'm linking up today with Teach Talk Inspire and My Day in K for some summer flashback fun. This was a fun one, not only because I got to go through hilarious old photos, but I also had to figure out how to work my scanner. Apparently, I haven't used the scanner since I got a new laptop a few years ago (or possibly ever) and I didn't even have the software installed. Luckily, I was able to find the disc and get my photos uploaded, for your viewing pleasure.



We took a family vacation to the beach every single summer. We tried Virginia Beach once, but my mom wasn't super impressed, so we began going to Seaside, Florida every summer, instead. We always had lots of fun building sandcastles, eating shaved ice, biking, playing with baby jellyfish, and being silly.


Even at home, my little sister and I were always outside. We loved to run around the yard and we would beg for any kind of sprinkler. 


If you couldn't tell by now, I pretty much lived in my swimsuit all summer. I joined our neighborhood swim team and I was obsessed. I was so in love with my team suit that I begged my mom to let me sleep in it (no idea) and after the season was over, my wish came true and I got to sleep in this swimsuit for one night. I was in heaven.


Mom, I know you'll read this and scoff/laugh/tell Justin, but growing up I loved to ride on my grandpa's tractors. My dad grew up on a farm, and every time we'd go visit I would beg my dad and uncle to take me for a tractor ride. I would also go name every black and white cow Oreo. Real creative.

What a fun flashback! Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments

  1. Too cute!! You look exactly the same when you smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sprinkler pic is a classic!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was pretty excited when I found it.

      Delete
  3. Tractor rides!!! So much fun!! Your swim team pic reminds me of the same thing- spending my summer in a swim suit basically all day! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I spent half as much time in a swim suit now as I did when I was a kid!

      Delete
  4. I love your sand castle! Thanks to my fear the the sand, I never was a big sand castle builder so I am envious of yours :)

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine you wouldn't be able to build very elaborate sandcastles if you were stuck on a boogie board! :)

      Delete
  5. Swimming all summer is the best!! Sadly as we grow there's less and less time to just relax and enjoy the pool/ocean/water. That sprinkler pic is too precious! Loved reading about your flashbacks!!
    Jessica
    www.prideandprimary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I've only made it to the pool twice this summer!! Unbelievable!!

      Delete
  6. Sarah, I enjoyed reading and looking at your summer memories. What special times to cherish. I love the tradition of going to the beach each summer. Thanks for taking the time to link up with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such nice memories!!! I loved looking at the pictures! I used to use my scanner for pictures before but then I realized I could just snap a picture with my phone! It works, you just have to hols still haha! Thanks for sharing!!

    Magically in First

    ReplyDelete