Summer Bucket List

I am linking up with What the Teacher Wants for a Summer Bucket List linky party!


{School}

I moved classrooms last summer and while it was extremely painful, it did give me a good chance to really organize my room. I did a really good job of continuing to keep everything organized, so this summer shouldn't be too bad. I do have 2 shelves that are a hot mess and I need to pull all that stuff out and find a home for it. I also want to finish shifting through my filing cabinet. I've already gone through 3 out of 4 drawers. Granted, one was already super organized and one was mostly empty. I also want to turn my long cabinets into bulletin boards, where I can display standards and skill posters. I'm going for this kind of look. 

Since I spent a lot of my summer getting organized last year, I didn't do as much prep work for the actual school year as I would have liked. Since I don't have a lot of organize this year, I'd like to do a better job of getting prepared for students this year. I also want to get more resources prepared for the students this summer. My goal is to prep lots of center and station activities, as well as tackle the stack of board games I want to turn into learning games.

{Personal}

I am going to my first over-night summer camp next week. My teammate/BFF is the director of the Indianapolis chapter of Royal Family Kids, which offers a week long camp for foster children, and she has enlisted me to volunteer at camp this year. I am going as a photographer, and although I'm a little nervous, I know it will be a great experience. 

I have a one bedroom apartment, so I really have to make sure I only have and keep what I need. I have slowly been going through one area of my apartment at a time, discarding things I don't need or want anymore. It feels so good to purge! It also is fun to buy cute new things, so then there's that. It's a fine balance. 

I'm also trying to cook more. Cooking is not my forte. At all. Also, I'm the pickiest eater in the world. I kid you not. I'm a vegetarian who doesn't like vegetables. That's just what people say. It's not actually true. I like potatoes (just not mashed), and I love snap peas and carrots (but only raw). Anyway, it has recently come to my attention that eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (bakery bread, natural peanut butter, homemade jelly), an apple, and 2 oreos for lunch EVERY DAY does not necessarily make for a healthy diet. So I'm trying to add variety to my diet. Which means trying new things (eeek!) and cooking more. I'm off to a decent start. I'm also trying to get back into jogging and working out in general. Get fit!

I also want to work on some TPT products and keep building up both my blog and my TPT store. I just joined the TPT Seller Challenge, and I'm excited to see where it takes me!

{Fun}

My parents live in Florida, and I typically visit them during my breaks. My boyfriend was planning on joining me last summer, but ended up getting a new job and it didn't work out. My mom and I hounded him until he finally asked for a week off work this summer, and now we are all set for our trip next month! I'm so excited! We also enjoy going to baseball games, and we would really like to get to Cincinnati for a Reds vs. Cubs game (Cubs for me, Reds for him). Plenty of Indianapolis Indians games will suffice too! 

Summer also wouldn't be complete without a trip to IKEA! I love IKEA! It's probably a good thing the closest one is an hour and a half away so I only go once a year. I would also really like another short trip to include heading to Brown County, Indiana. I have been to Nashville once, but I didn't get to visit the state park. I would love to explore the park this summer!

Head to What the Teacher Wants to check out other Summer Bucket Lists!

3 comments

  1. I completely understand organizing at both home and work. That is on my list this summer and seems to be on my list every summer. LOL! Good luck with organizing! Kristi
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog design, so cute! I love the idea of turning cabinets into bulletin boards. Such a great way to keep organized. Cleaning and organizing sometimes seems like a never ending task. Have a great summer!
    Liz Tortolini

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm pretty sure it IS a never ending task! It takes a lot of effort to get everything back where it belongs with such a fast paced day and 26 minions running around in one small spot!

      Delete