Five for Friday




BIG NEWS! I finally got a real smart phone! It's amazing! It's an LG Volt, and I can actually download the good apps now, it tells me the weather, and I can efficiently google things. Heaven! I can also make everything super cute, including the background on my texts. How cute are those text bubbles?!



The smart phone was my birthday gift from my parents, and to continue the birthday celebration, I went rock climbing! We put the boy in charge of taking our picture at the top of the wall, so of course, that didn't bode well for us. But we all had a great time!






My mom made a trip up from Florida to see me, as well as to go visit my grandma. We spent a day at Conner Prairie and we had a blast! Neither one of us had ever been, but we enjoyed dressing up for our imaginary hot air balloon ride (it was too windy for the real deal), learning our letter sounds the 1836 way, bartering at the store, and much more. So much fun!



I've been putting my zoo pass to good use lately. I think I went to the zoo 3 times in the course of 2 weeks. I love the Indianapolis Zoo! Clearly. There were 2 very playful baby sea lions, OTTERS (I always complain that the otters are never on exhibit and I saw them 2 out of the 3 times I went), koalas, and, of course, orangutans. We even got to see a few orangutans climbing around outside. They are always so playful and good-natured.





My mom and I decided to take a detour on the way home from my grandma's house and check out some of the covered bridges. We took the scenic route through Parke County and saw lots of covered bridges, as well as a one room schoolhouse. Luckily, we actually had to drive through one of the bridges, because, let me tell you, I was not a fan. At all.


6 comments

  1. My kids love going to Conner Prairie. We used to have a membership when they were little. :)
    Mrs.B's Classroom Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I went! I knew I'd enjoy it, but it definitely exceeded my expectations!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a great birthday! Enjoy your new smartphone, you will love all the new features! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I get so excited every time I stumble upon a new feature! :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like such a fun week! Enjoy playing with your new phone over the weekend! :)
    -Kellee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My grandma said that it's a good thing it's summer, so I have plenty of time to play on my phone. Haha!

      Delete