Tech Tuesday: Animoto

I spent my first 2 years of teaching in the second grade hallway, where I was the only teacher under 30. I was the designated technology go-to person, which earned me the nickname Tech Weck. Clever, I know. I've now made my way to the first grade hallway, and I'm not the only technologically savvy teacher, so I've got to stay on top of the game. So today I'm bringing you a simple tech tip!

I've seen all these fabulous teachers putting together heartwarming end of the year slideshows, and I keep thinking, "Oh, I should do that." I'm tired, however, and I had no desire to spend lots of time on such a project.

We have a great technology coach in our district, and she kept telling us about this great site where you can make fancy looking slideshows, and she insisted it was just soooo easy, and I kept thinking, "Oh, I should try that." Again, my motivation for anything other than survival is currently minimal. One of my teammates used the site to put together an end of the year slideshow for her class, and she insisted it really was that easy. So I decided I really should actually try it. What do you know? It actually is THAT easy.

Animoto allows you to make really cool video slideshows, it's extremely simple to use, AND you can get a free account as a teacher.

Simply visit the site here, and click apply now. Your account will be good for 6 months, but you can renew it again once the 6 months are up.

When creating your video, you start by choosing your background. There are plenty to choose from and there are different styles for different needs.


Then you get to choose your song. You can only use one song, but there is no length limit, and you can upload your own song or choose from their library.


Then you can add as many pictures as you'd like!


One small tip is to click on Settings and set the pacing to auto.


Preview and enjoy!

You can check mine out below. More examples and information can be found here.


No comments